2 dead, 1 critical after drinking milk tea

1

A  woman and a businessman died from apparent poisoning after drinking milk tea  in Manila’s Sampaloc district.

The victims were identified as Suzaine Dagohoy, 28, sales representative, and William  Abrigo, 57, owner of Ergo Cha Milk Tea located on 584 Bustillos Street.

Dagohoy, accompanied by her boyfriend, Arnold Aydalla, 34, merchandiser, went to the store at 10:46 a.m. on Thursday.

They ordered a Hokaido-flavored milk tea. Aydalla first took a sip. He asked Suzaine to try it because the tea tasted bad. The two complained to Abrigo, who said that there was nothing wrong with his milk tea.


The trader then drank the same milk tea.

But as soon the couple went out of the milk-tea house, Dagohoy started to vomit.  Aydalla tried helping her, but he too collapsed. The two were then brought to Ospital ng Sampaloc.
Meanwhile, a weakened Abrigo, a resident of 105 Iriga Street, Quezon City, was also brought to the hospital.

Dagohoy, a resident of Moret Sreet, Samapaloc, was declared dead at the Ospital ng Sampaloc, while Abrigo died three hours later.

At press time, Aydalla, a resident of Maria  Road 2, Parañaque City, Metro Manila, was still in critical condition at the hospital.

An investigator Senior Police Officer 2 Jonathan Bautista, reported that it was Abrigo himself who served the milk tea, which was suspected to have been laced with poisonous material

The victims had been brought to the hospital by tricycle drivers.

Driver Rey Fernandez said the victims were foaming at the mouth.

Police probers could not say if there was foul play, adding that the incident was still under investigation.

They said they are also waiting for autopsy reports.

Meanwhile, the milk tea in question was thrown into a sewer after the incident.
Police had taken samples of it for testing.

Share.
.
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

1 Comment

  1. Investigate on the employee too, he seemed uneasy and was acting like guilty when supposedly he has nothing to do with it. Why cover face???

    Cyanide is a substance that has a bitter almond smell and only 40% of people can smell it. Its not foul!

    No son or any family member would do anything to ruin their family’s business, only an angry vengeful man would do such.