Typhoon “Yolanda” has so far claimed two lives Friday after a man was reported electrocuted to death in Surigao Del Norte while another was crushed after being hit by a falling tree in Cebu.
Major Rey Balido, National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council spokesperson, said no other details were available on the circumstances in the Surigao Del Norte incident.
In Medellin town, Cebu, the victim, also a male, was hit and killed by a tree topped by strong winds caused by “Yolanda”.
As this develops, two Mandaue-Mactan bridges are now closed to vehicles due to the powerful winds.
Earlier, the Cebu provincial government said powerful winds from “Yolanda” tore off roofs and uprooted trees in Cebu province.
A tornado also damaged at least 50 houses in Bohol province.
Cebu and Bohol are among the areas hardest hit by a magnitude-7.2 quake in Central Visayas last Oct. 15. PNA