The Department of Health on Wednesday said three new Zika cases have been reported – two in Iloilo and one in Antipolo City.
The patients, all women, showed symptoms of the virus such as rashes, fever and joint pain.
Health Secretary Paulyn Jean Ubial said the three new cases bring the total number of confirmed cases to 15 affecting four regions — Region 4-A, Region 6, Region 7, and National Capital Region (NCR).
Most of the cases were from Iloilo – 12. Cebu, Muntinlupa and Antipolo had once case each.
One of the victims, a 22-year-old pregnant woman, is being monitored and so far, no fetal abnormalities had been detected.
Meanwhile, Ubial said 46 Chikungunya cases have been confirmed in Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon).
Most of the cases are in Cavite. However, Ubial said the cases in Cavite can not be considered an outbreak because there were no clustering.