3 OFWs from Bohol report maltreatment


The Bohol Office for OFW Welfare has reported three distress calls by Bohol residents working overseas whose maltreatment cases reached the regional director of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) in Cebu City.

The first case involved a domestic helper deployed by the agency, Halima Roya Abdul Rawdan Office for Domestic Manpower, to Kuwait on November 2, 2014.

The worker was reportedly employed by Eissa Moussa Yousef Bosheiri/El Bounai Oamnia and Marouf Abdul Rahman Al Marou, at Jabriya Block 3, 111 Street, Kuwait. An immediate rescue and repatriation for the OFW was sought by her partner due to maltreatment.

The partner said that through a Skype communication, he saw the bruises and wounds inflicted on his OFW partner. When her employer noticed that she used Skype to report the incident, she was padlocked in her room.

In another incident, the maltreated OFW was slapped, beaten, and dragged by the neck.

The second case, also in Kuwait, is reported by the OFW’s cousin, Hermesa Potane Trajano who appeared at the OFW Affairs Office in behalf of the domestic helper’s husband. She sought for the release from detention and repatriation of the said OFW.

Trajano disclosed that her cousin in Kuwait called home to ask for help, revealing that she was maltreated by her employer, Musaed Zaben Aljen Fawe.

Reports said that the OFW was asked to clean and change the clothes of the employer’s child, but the kid kept on crying. Her employer went up to the room, slapped her and detained her at Gata 2 Sher 1 Naem Jahra for unknown reasons.

The third case in Dubai is about a domestic helper who ran away from her employer on September 18, 2014, allegedly due to maltreatment.

According to the husband, the last time he talked to his wife in Dubai was a month ago when she was with the foreign agency, Al Ahliya Est Labour Supply at P.O. Box 14339, Dubai, UAE.

He said the reason why his OFW wife ran away from her employer, Ghassan A Al Kwahaja, was that she was physically maltreated and could no longer bear it. She also fears for her life.

Based on the husband’s report, the OFW allegedly ran away, reported the matter to the Philippine Consular Office and appealed for her repatriation.


Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.