THE third “person of interest” tagged by police in connection with the killings of five members of a family in San Jose del Monte City in Bulacan was found dead on Saturday, suffering the same fate as two other men earlier linked to the murders.
Bulacan provincial police director Sr. Supt. Romeo Caramat Jr. identified the victim as Anthony Garcia Rose, based on an identification card found in his wallet.
Rose was tagged by police as one of four “persons of interest” linked to the massacre of the family of security guard Dexter Carlos Sr., who came home on June 27 to discover the lifeless bodies of his wife, Estrella, mother-in-law Auring Dizon, and his three children who all died from multiple stab wounds.
Police Supt. Fitz Macariola, San Jose del Monte’s police chief, revealed that on July 7 at around 10 p.m., a certain Juliet Villar reported to his office that her nephew, Rose, was abducted from their house in Barangay Badias, San Miguel, Bulacan.
Rose’s mother, Venigna Garcia, told police that while they were sleeping, a group of armed men wearing bonnets barged into their house looking for Rose. When they found him, he was beaten, carried out, and forced to board an unidentified vehicle.
Macariola also said Rose was last seen publicly on Wednesday in San Jose del Monte, the day the massacre victims were interred. He reportedly went to his family’s home in San Miguel, Bulacan after learning that two persons of interest linked to the massacre had been killed.
Caramat disclosed that the San Miguel Police Station had received a tip over the phone that the lifeless body of a man was supposedly dumped on the shoulder of a road in Barangay Pacalag.
Rose suffered gunshot wounds in the head and chest. His head was wrapped with packaging tape. Beside the body was a placard stating, “Addict at Rapist ako Huwag Tularan [I’m an addict and a rapist, don’t follow my example].”
A placard bearing the same statement was found on the lifeless body of Rolando Pacinos, alias “Inggo,” another person of interest linked by police to the massacre, on July 4. Pacinos’ four fingers and sex organ were cut. His body bore several stab wounds.
Another person of interest, Rosevelt Sorema alias “Ponga,” was shot dead inside his house on July 5.
Caramat said only Alvin Mabesa remained alive among the four persons of interests tagged by police in connection with the massacre. Mabesa has been missing since June 30.
The provincial police called on Mabesa’s relatives to coordinate with authorities in case they have information on his whereabouts, so that he could be placed under “command custody.”
Carlos, who is said to be fearful for his life, was granted protection by the Department of Justice on Friday. Carlos has applied to join the Witness Protection Program.