• ABS-CBN TVPlus box sales hit 1.5M-mark

    0

    LEADING media and entertainment company ABS-CBN said on Monday it has hit the 1.5 million mark in the number of TVplus boxes sold since the company rolled out its digital television service in February 2015.

    Chinky Alcedo, ABS-CBN Convergence chief operating officer, attributed the strong performance to new content, stronger distribution with the addition of new coverage areas, and a sustained integrated marketing effort.

    “ABS-CBN has taken huge strides in making the digital television experience more exciting and more accessible to more Filipino families,” said Alcedo.

    ABS-CBN TVplus offers crystal-clear picture and sound, providing a cable-like experience with no monthly fees.
    With TVplus, viewers get access to exclusive channels such as Cinemo!, the children’s channel Yey!, educational channel Knowledge Channel, and DZMM Teleradyo on top of ABS-CBN Sports + Action and ABS-CBN.

    TVPlus can also capture and broadcast channels that transmit in digital without any monthly and installation fee.

    ABS-CBN is the first media company in the country to make the switch from analog to digital terrestrial television, and is rapidly transitioning into an agile digital company with the biggest online presence among all media companies and a growing list of digital properties, Alcedo said.

    ABS-CBN TVplus also introduced a new pay-per-view feature called the Kapamilya Box Office (KBO), where families can catch newly released movies bundled with foreign and local box -office hits and top-rating Kapamilya shows. The company sells pay-per-view on ABS-CBN TVplus by allowing consumers to pay using their loads on their ABS-CBNmobile phones.

    In the second quarter of 2016, ABS-CBN TVplus digital signal transmission expanded to Davao City, Bacolod, Iloilo, and Cagayan de Oro.

    The TVPlus box is now available at P1,499 and is one of the company’s retail or consumer businesses.

    Its two other sources of revenue are subscription and the recently launched theme park KidZania. Its subscription business covers SKY, The Filipino Channel, and ABS-CBNmobile, and ticketed experiences which cover concerts, movies, mall events, and studio tours.

    The company’s consumer businesses account for P17 billion in annual revenues or 45 percent of total revenues while the remaining 55 percent comes from advertising.

    Alcedo said ABS-CBN expects further growth in ABS-CBN TVplus with the new price offer being complemented by exclusive features such as new content and the KBO. “Our Kapamilyas can now expect even better value-for-money as they enjoy the transformational digital television experience,” Alcedo said.

    ABS-CBN reported P20.9 billion in consolidated revenues for the first half of 2016, bringing its net income to P2.1 billion, or 76 percent higher compared to the same period last year.

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.