• Almost 60 confirmed dead in China landslide

    0

    BEIJING: The number of people confirmed killed in a huge landslide last month in China has risen to 58, authorities said Wednesday, with several more still missing. The landslide in the southern city of Shenzhen, which was caused by the improper storage of waste from construction sites, was the latest in a series of fatal man-made accidents in the world’s most populous country. Initially only seven people were declared dead with scores missing, but Shenzhen authorities said on a verified social media account that a total of 58 bodies had been recovered by Wednesday, and efforts were continuing. The updated toll implied that at least 25 people were still missing.

    AFP

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.