RENNES, France: At least 13 people were killed and six injured in a fire early Saturday during a birthday party at a bar in the northern French city of Rouen, officials said. The blaze was sparked by the candles of a birthday cake, which ignited the polystyrene ceiling of the basement room where the celebrations were taking place. The victims were poisoned by a toxic mix of gases released by the burning plastic, a senior police official told Agence France-Presse. One of the injured was in a critical condition, the secretary general of the Seine-Maritime prefecture Yvan Cordier told Agence France-Presse. Local official Laurent Labadie who was at the scene of the fire described the blaze as accidental.