Belingon hones ‘ground game’

0
Kevin Belingon FILE PHOTO

Kevin Belingon FILE PHOTO

KEVIN “The Silencer” Belingon said that he is working on variety of ground moves and striking techniques in preparation for his fight against Korean Dae Hwan Kim on March 14 in One Fighting Championship’s War of Nations at the Negara Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Belingon (13-3 win-loss record, five by knockout and five by submission) is coming off from an impressive one-punch first round technical knockout win over erstwhile unbeaten David Aranda Santacana of Spain in One FC’s Moment of Truth in December last year in Manila.

“So far, my training and conditioning looks very great but I need to implement more tactics on the ground as well as improve my striking strategies,” Belingon, 26, told The Manila Times in a phone interview. “He [Kim] knows how to hold and adjust on ground fights. He may strike you on ground or put a submission move. He can counter any moves too. But I’m cautious regarding his striking strategies because he has a good kickboxing background too,” added Belingon.

Kim, who holds a 9-0-1 win-loss-draw record, beat Thanh Vu of Vietnam with a rear-naked choke in the second round of their match in the previous edition of One FC.


Belingon, a member of the famed Team Lakay of Baguio under coach Mark Sangiao assured his Filipinos fans that he is bent on beating Kim.

“I have to put my hands on him quickly. I have to hit him hard in the beginning of the fight but I need to sustain everything until the last second,” he said. “I’m 90 percent okay. I also know that he fights smart and moves quick so I need to be faster and smarter than him.”

Share.
.
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.