Bulacan declares state of calamity due to dengue

0

MALOLOS CITY, Bulacan: The provincial government of Bulacan on Wednesday placed the province under state of calamity due to the alarming increase of dengue cases.

Advertisements

Through the Panlalawigang Kapasyahan Bilang 308-T’15, Gov. Wilhelmino Sy-Alvarado also said that the provincial government will allocate P39 million calamity fund to curtail the rise of dengue cases in the province.

Aside from the free hospitalization and medication to dengue patients, Alvarado also said dengue express lanes will be provided in all government-run hospitals.

Based on the record of the Provincial Epidemiology Surveillance Unit (PESU), as of September 30, there are 4,771 cases of dengue reported in the province since January with 11 fatalities.

The incidence of dengue has grown dramatically and has a cumulative increase of 230 percent compared to last year’s statistics, which was 1,342 reported cases.

The municipalities and cities with the highest number of dengue cases are the City of San Jose Del Monte with 615 cases, Sta. Maria with 409 cases, San Rafael with 401, Bustos with 329 and San Miguel with 278.

Meanwhile, the provincial government is intensifying the province-wide information drive to educate the public on how to prevent dengue and to encourage them to join the Aksyon Barangay Kontra Dengue activity of their respective barangays.

PNA

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.