By moving financial records to an online solution, business owners can manage their company’s systems from anywhere they have Internet access.
INNOVATIVE technology is helping a growing number of small-business owners finally enjoy some vacation time.
That’s the word from experts who say affordable cloud-based systems are giving business owners and office managers a way to stay in control of their company’s operations wherever they are.
By moving their financial records to an online solution, business owners are able to manage their money, bill their customers, pay their bills and even oversee their employees’ or bookkeeper’s activities from anywhere, even the beach.
Plus, online information can be more secure given that it is protected by bank-level security measures rather than scattered about multiple offices, desks and briefcases. All that’s needed is a smartphone or any connection to the Internet.
To help business owners streamline their operation, René Lacerte, CEO and founder of Bill.com, a leading bill payment, invoicing and cash management online solution, offers the following tips:
• Abandon the manual method for payables and receivables and switch to a new cloud-based, automated cash flow management system such as Bill.com.
• Sync your company’s cash flow data with your existing accounting software and link it to your bank. This will let you streamline operations so you only need to go to one screen to get all your work done from wherever you might be.
• Facilitate customer payments by sending automated reminders to customers. This lets you keep your cash flow going without wasting time manually sending e-mails or calling.
• Scan all your needed documents to your online solution. That way, you can vacation without bringing any paperwork—and all the data you need will be at your fingertips.
• Increase your fraud protection when you are out of the office. Don’t worry about checks being lost, stolen or altered when your mail starts stacking up. By using ePayments to both send and receive funds, you never have to worry.
• Encourage customers and vendors to go paperless by sending bills and payments electronically through your system. That way, everyone can work more efficiently and effectively. You are apt to get fewer calls or e-mails if everyone has easy access to information.
• Control access to your company’s cash flow data by setting up a cloud-based system that allows only certain employees to view specific data and perform preapproved tasks. This eliminates mistakes and the ability to alter your data.
Plus, by moving the functions online now, business owners can enjoy more time away from their desk in any season.
For more information, visit www.bill.com. North American Precis Syndicate