To avoid traffic buildup during the medical missions of the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) in Manila on Monday, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has issued a list of streets that will be closed and alternative routes for motorists.
1. PLAZA DEL CARMEN AREA
– S.H. Loyola St. / C.M. Recto Avenue
– G. Puyat St. / Quezon Blvd.
– Hidalgo St. / Carcer St.
– C. Aguila St. / P. del Carmen St.
– C. Aguila St. / Nepomuceno St.
– Legarda St. / San Rafael St.
2. C.M. RECTO (ISETANN) EASTBOUND AREA
– Service Rd. of Q. Blvd. Northbound going to C.M. Recto
– Eastbound Lane of C.M. Recto from Rizal Avenue to Nicanor Reyes
3. QUINTA MARKET AREA
– Stretch of Palanca St. from P. Casal to Quiapo Ilalim (Quinta Market)
4. POST OFFICE AREA
– Magallanes Drive Ext. both lanes from Postal Rd. to McArthur Bridge
The MMDA said some two million people are expected to take part in the religious group’s medical and dental mission.
MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino said participants will come from five ecclesiastical districts of Metro Manila, Rizal, Laguna, Cavite and Bulacan, and that most of them will be transported by around 5,000 buses.
To avoid caught in traffic, the MMDA advised motorists to take alternative routes:
FROM MANILA TO QUEZON CITY:
Take Taft ave, right or left turn at UN Ave., left turn to Otis, left turn to Nagtahan to destination.
FROM QUEZON CITY TO MANILA:
1. Take Espana, right to Lacson, Tayuman left turn to Jose Abad Santos, Regin Regente, Juan Luna, Plaza Cervantes, Jones Bridge, P. Burgos to destination.
2. Take Espana, left turn to Lacson, Nagtahan, right to Otis, right to UN Ave to destination.
Rizal Ave., right to Tayuman, left to Jose Abad Santos , Regina Regente, Juan Luna, Plaza Cervantes, Jones Bridge to destination.
FROM LUNETA TO CALOOCAN:
Take Jones Bridge, Quintin Paredes, Regina Regente, Jose Abad Santos, Rizal Ave to destination.
FROM DIVISORIA TO CUBAO VIA RAMON MAGSAYSAY BLVD:
Take CM Recto, left turn to Jose Abad Santos, right turn to Tayuman, Lacson, right to Earnshaw, left at Legarda, to Legarda-Nagtahan flyover to destination.
FROM CUBAO TO DIVISORIA:
Take Ramon Magsaysay Blvd, Nagtahan flyover, Legarda, right at Earnshaw, left at Lacson. Tayuman, left to Jose Abad Santos, left to destination.
FROM DIVISORIA TO CUBAO:
Take CM Recto, left at Jose Abad Santos, right at Tayuman, Lacson, right to Earnshaw, left at Legarda, Nagtahan flyover to destination.
MMDA has also designated the following as parking areas for motorists attending the event:
For those going Plaza del Carmen, it is the stretch of Palanca St. (both sides)
For Plaza Avelino: stretch of Ramon Magsaysay Boulevard (both sides) and stretch of A. Lacson (both sides)
For Magallanes Drive Ext. (facing post office): stretch of P. Burgos (both sides), stretch of Bonifacio Drive (both sides) and stretch of TM Kalaw (both sides).
For Quinta Market: Both sides of Quezon Boulevard (both sides)
At the back of FEU, along CM Recto: stretch of CM Recto (both sides) and Quezon Boulevard (both sides).
For motorists who will attend the missions, the MMDA designated parking areas:
1. Plaza del Carmen
– Stretch of Palanca St. (both sides)
2. Plaza Avelino
– Stretch of Ramon Magsaysay Boulevard (both sides)
– Stretch of A. Lacson (both sides)
3. Magallanes Drive Ext. (facing post office)
– Stretch of P. Burgos (both sides)
– Stretch of Bonifacio Drive (both sides)
– Stretch of TM Kalaw (both sides)
4. Quinta Market
– Both sides of Quezon Boulevard (both sides)
5. Parking space at the back of FEU, along CM Recto
– Stretch of CM Recto (both sides)
– Quezon Boulevard (both sides)