• Consortium confident on awarding of Cebu project

    0

    The joint venture of Filipino-owned Megawide Construction Corp. and Bangalore-based GMR Airports reiterated its firm belief and confidence in the Aquino government’s sense of justice and fairness, as well as its policy good governance.

    Louie Ferrer, chief marketing officer of Megawide, said this in anticipation of securing the P17.5-billion contract to be awarded by the Department and Transportation and Communications (DOTC) for the Cebu-Mactan Aiport expansion project.

    “We trust that President Aquino’s leadership will honor the results of the legitimate bidding process and will soon finally award of the project to us who won the bid” Ferrer said.

    “We emerged the highest bidder by following the proper bidding process and presenting what we are capable of in terms of technical and operational design,” he added.

    The awarding of the project was unexpectedly delayed because of a protest made by the Filinvest Group on alleged conflict of interest on the part of the Megawide-GMR Group in violation of the bidding rules.

    The Megawide-GMR Group strongly denied what it described as “baseless and far-fetched” allegations.

    Megawide group emerged as highest bidder with P14.404 billion for the project last Dec. 12 followed by the Filinvest—CAI Consortium with P13.999 billion, and Premier Airport Group of SM Group of retail magnate Henry Sy with P12.5 billion.

    After the four months, DOTC Undersecretary Jose Perpetuo Lotilla confirmed last Thursday that the agency’s bids and awards committee would finally issue a notice of award for the project before the end of the month.

    Ferrer said they are confident the DOTC will proceed with the awarding in honor of the bidding process and there is no ground for anyone, particularly Filnvest, to question GMR’s financial capability.

    “We are confident that this is a non-issue with respect to the results of this bid,” Ferrer said.

    In last week’s Senate hearing, officials of the Megawide-GMR Group reiterated to Sen. Serge Osmena their unequivocal commitment to the project for 25 years and in building a world-class airport that all Filipinos, as well as Cebuanos, will be proud of and can call their very own.

    The group told the Osmena committee that the company is in a financially healthy position and that the company makes operational and cash profits as it has done for the past six years.

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.