The Sandiganbayan has barred Senators Juan Ponce Enrile and Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. and their co-accused in the plunder and graft complaints against them from leaving the country.
On Monday, the court’s Fifth Division issued HDOs against Sen. Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada and 13 others who are also accused of plunder and graft.
The hold departure orders (HDOs) for Revilla et al. were issued on Tuesday, approved by Associate Justices Efren dela Cruz, Rafael Lagos and Napoleon Inoturan.
Revilla, his chief of staff Richard Cambe, alleged pork barrel scam brains Janet Lim-Napoles and private respondents Ronald John Lim and John Raymund de Asis were listed in the HDO for the plunder case.
For the graft case, the HDO listed 32 names including Revilla, Cambe, Napoles and de Asis.
The HDOs for Enrile and Revilla also covered Rhodora Mendoza and Victor Cacal, who lost their bid for immunity.
The two orders also listed Budget Undersecretary Mario Relampagos, Rosario Nuñez, Lalaine Paule and Marilou Bare; former Technology Resource Center (TRC) Directors General Antonio Ortiz and Dennis Cunanan and Allan Javellana, former president of National Agribusiness Corp. (Nabcor).
TRC and Nabcor were implementing agencies allegedly involved in the pork barrel scam.
The others also issued HDOs were Francisco Figura, Ma. Rosalinda Lacsamana, Marivic Jover, Myla Ogerio, Eulogio D. Rodriguez, Laarni Uy, Consuelo Lilian Espiritu, Evelyn de Leon, Encarnita Christina Monsod, Marie Julie Villaralvo-Johnson, Maria Ninez Guañizo, Gondelina Amata, Emmanuel Alexis Sevidal, Ofelia Ordoñez, Sofia Cruz, Chita Jalandoni, Gregoria Buenaventura, Jocelyn Piorato and Evelyn Sugcang.
Meanwhile the HDOs for Enrile et al., approved by the Third Division Chairman and Presiding Justice Amparo Cabotaje-Tang and Associate Justices Alex Quiroz and Samuel Martires, were issued Tuesday afternoon.
Listed were Enrile, his former chief of staff Gigi Reyes, alleged pork barrel brains Janet Lim-Napoles and her children Jo Christine and James Christopher and 42 others.
“Considering that these cases were duly raffled [off]to this division and that the motion/s for reconsideration had already been resolved by the Office of the Ombudsman, let a hold departure order/s be issued in these cases against all the accused,” the document read.
“This court . . . hereby order/s the commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration to hold the departure from the Philippines of the above-named accused and to include the name/s of the accused in the hold departure list of said bureau,” it further read.
Napoles’ children face graft charges over the pork barrel scam while Enrile, Reyes and Napoles face both plunder and graft charges.
Also listed were Ronald John Lim and John Raymund de Asis, charged with both plunder and graft.
The others were Encarnita Christina Munsod, Maria Julie Villaralvo-Johnson, Romulo Relevo, Noel Macha, Maria Ninez Guañizo, Consuelo Lilian Espiritu, Jose Antonio Evangelista, Jocelyn Piorato, Dorilyn Fabian, Hernani Ditchon, Rodrigo Galay, Laarni Uy, Gondelina Amata, Emmanuel Alexis Sevidal, Ofelia Ordoñez, Filipina Rodriguez, Chita Jalandoni, Sofia Cruz, Francisco Figura, Ma. Rosalinda Lacsamana, Marivic Jover, Eulogio Rodriguez, Evelyn De Leon, Fernando Ramirez, Nitz Cabilao, Gregoria Buenaventura, Myla Ogerio, Margarita Guadinez, Amparo Fernando, Renato Ornopia, Aileen Palama and Mylene Encarnacion.
Meanwhile Reyes’ lawyer Anacleto Diaz told reporters that she has no plans to leave the country, noting that she precisely returned to the country to face the charges.