SM Sta. Mesa. I don’t always go to advertised mall-wide sale but I had to buy something for my house. There was no breathing space with people scampering to buy things (I am not sure if they need 3-20 pieces of certain goods unless they will resell them for profit.) and the line to the cashier snaked throughout the department store. I had to wait for one hour to pay for my (made in UK) turbo broiler which is a real bargain at 50% plus 10% discounts. It’s a good thing the lady next in line to me volunteered to push my cart while I meander around the mall. My “Kumadre” Josie noted that the prices were not changed to a higher number to cover the discount given as is the practice by some stores in California where they permanently reside. Stores also do that unethical practice here. Take the Buy 1-Take 1 scheme. If you total the original cost of two items, you actually save only measly 1-10 percent discount, not the actual cost of the second items.
Con game abound. The other day, I was tricked by an itinerant promo person of Ariel detergent, who entered my premises without my permission, to buy two kilos of Ariel for the price of one. Upon checking in the supermarket, I actually paid for four kilos.
S & R Membership Shopping. I enjoy shopping at S&R. They have a wide variety of goods that are NOT made in China. Their stores are spacious with wide aisle and big display areas. Even if it gets crowded, you still get enough elbow room and space to ogle their goods. I also like their taste test promo; although, I always end up buying food and drinks not in my list. Their Mandaluyong store is very convenient because it is right on Shaw Boulevard and accessible to public transportation. I also appreciate their senior citizen discount which is higher for the same goods bought in other supermarkets or stores. Hmm, are other stores/supermarkets/restaurants under serving senior citizens by not giving the proper discount as mandated by the law?
Maynilad. Happily, my water connection application for the renovated wing of my duplex house has been approved. A group of management people came to my house bearing a gift – a beautiful candle holder made in Ipo Dam. From our conversation, I gathered that they are seriously contemplating on creating a food forest in their Arroceros premises under their employees wellness program. This tugs at the heartstring of my advocacy—community food forests so nobody goes hungry! Right now, available spaces there are made into an unappreciated zen garden or planted to uninteresting ornamental plants. Likewise, they will institute continuous improvements in their customer service and leadership processes. BTW, the unsmiling and robotic customer service personnel are employees of Maynilad, not outsourced, so it will be best to improve their systems and people skills. Thank you, Maynilad, for listening to your customer concerns and acting speedily.
Association for Talent Development (ATD). The ATD 2015 International Conference & Exposition brings the training and development industry to life. Each aspect of the industry is covered for every level of practitioner, from CEO to specialist, from dean to student. Join more than 10,500 of your learning colleagues from around the globe to share best practices and insights. You’ll learn current and future trends, and find out how to apply them on the job to get results. You’ll learn from world-renowned thought leaders, and industry luminaries.
ATD ICE2015 will be held this May 17-20 at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida. Do join our delegation. When you register use our delegation code to get the special low-price rate for international delegates.
Need your boss’ approval? Here are the benefits of attending the conference.
1. Find Real Solutions to Your Top Challenges. ATD 2015 is an industry-defining event for talent development—there are more than 300 educations sessions focused on ten content tracks. You will learn what’s going on in the industry, find out what strategies your peers are implementing, and discover how they are tackling similar issues you are facing. In short, you’ll learn new strategies and solutions to solve some of your biggest challenges.
2. Meet and Learn From the Trendsetters. Our speakers, attendees, and exhibitors are at the forefront of the industry; they are the game-changers. They won’t just be presenting to you; they’ll be sitting next to you, attending sessions, and having lunch with you. This is your opportunity to find out how to stay ahead of the curve!
3. Networking. Meet 10,500 of your peers (well, perhaps not all 10,500) who are also passionate about talent development. This is your chance to get up close and personal with them. You’ll walk away with a new set of contacts for collaboration and sharing best practices.
4. Stay Relevant. If you want to stay relevant in your profession, you have to know the latest trends and how to implement them in your organization. With several sessions focused on innovation in each track, trendsetting speakers, and an EXPO hall filled with more than 400 suppliers offering today’s latest products and solutions, there is no better place to take the pulse of the industry than ATD 2015.
5. Inspire Your Team. Take what you learn from ATD 2015 and share it with your team. You’ll have the tools and know-how to implement the latest talent development strategies. It’s not just about your personal development. By successfully using what you learn at ATD 2015, you’ll improve your organization’s bottom line!
Feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org