DAR distributes land to 131 farmers in Agusan del Norte


The Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) has distributed 245-hectare public agricultural lands to 131 farmers in Sitio Subait, Bonifacio, Las Nieves, Agusan del Norte.

DAR-Agusan del Norte Program Officer II Andre Atega congratulated the new landowners and encouraged them to work hard to develop the lands distributed to them and enjoy the benefits thereon.

Atega lauded the local government of Las Nieves for being one of the most active partners local government units in implementing the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) in Agusan del Norte.

“The department is sincere in distributing the lands to the farmers and in providing support services that would spur economic productivity and to increase their income.” Atega added.

To date, DAR-Agusan del Norte noted that under the CARP, a total of 31,024 hectare-agricultural lands or 86 percent were distributed to 17,280 farmer-beneficiaries with the remaining balance of 5,676 hectares or 14 percent involving 3,338 farmer-beneficiaries to be awarded in the next three years.

La Nieves Mayor Reinario Rosales, on the other hand, praised DAR for contributing most to poverty reduction in his municipality. He also congratulated the new landowners and urged them to develop their lands to make it productive.

“Land ownership does not end with the ownership of a title but should be held with responsibility coupled with some forms of challenges to make the land productive,” Rosales said.


Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.