• De Lima says at least 3 departments involved in non-PDAF scam

    0

    Justice Secretary Leila M. De Lima on Wednesday said at least three departments were involved in non-Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) squandered by the non-government organizations connected to Janet Lim Napoles.

    De Lima said that this is now being investigated by the National Bureau of Investigation.

    She added that the NBI is focused on non-PDAF scam for the third batch of complaint to be filed before the Office of the Ombudsman.

    De Lima explained that Napoles also utilized the same style in the pork barrel scam with those of the funds involved in the non-PDAF scam which were allotted in the so-called “congressional insertions”.

    Napoles is the alleged “brains” behind the P10-billion pork barrel scam and the P900-million Malampaya Fund scam.

    According to De Lima, the investigation into the “congressional insertions” covered the period starting from 2004.

    However, De Lima stressed it was not newly discovered as part of the scam of Napoles because it was previously disclosed by the whistle blowers.

    She said what is clear is that there are lawmakers and NGOs connected to Napoles who benefited from the squander of the funds for the congressional insertions.

    Likewise, De Lima refused to give a “time frame” for the third batch of the complaints, especially so that the sworn-affidavits of the whistle blowers on the non-PDAF scam are still being drafted. PNA

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.