• Death toll for Central Visayas quake now at 156

    0

    The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Thursday announced that the death toll for the magnitude 7.2 earthquake that battered Central Visayas last Thursday has now climbed to 156.

    It also added that 1,213 aftershocks have been recorded since Tuesday to 5 a.m. Thursday.

    Around 24 of these tremors were felt by residents in the affected provinces.

    Of the fatalities 144 were from Bohol, 11 in Cebu and one from Siquijor.

    Around 374 were injured, including 188 from Bohol, 182 from Cebu, three from Siquijor, and one from Negros Oriental.

    The NDRRMC also said at least 22 are missing, all from Bohol.

    Around 631,809 families or 3,209,058 people.

    Of these, 6,511 families or 32,954 people are staying in 61 evacuation centers.

    At least 605 houses were destroyed while 1,461 were damaged.

    Damage to roads, bridges and flood control was initially estimated at P75.15 million, including P17.65 million in Cebu and P57.5 million in Bohol.

    As of 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, the NDRRMC said 75 percent of power in Bohol had been restored. PNA

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.