LEGAZPI CITY: The Department of Health (DOH) recorded 24 cases of firecracker injuries in the Bicol Region for the period Dec. 21- 26, failing to meet its zero-casualty campaign target. A DOH report on Saturday said Albay topped the list with 16 cases; Camarines Sur, 6, and Masbate, 2. No casualty was reported in Sorsogon, Camarines Norte and Catanduanes. Majority of the victims were minors (67 percent), with Piccolo as the leading injury-causing firecracker. Evi Sarmiento, a physician and DOH Bicol Action Paputok Injury Reduction (APIR) program coordinator, said the number of injuries for the period rose slightly from 21 cases reported for the same period last year. She said the campaign would have been successful if the ban on firecrackers were strictly enforced. Piccolo and watusi firecrackers have been banned from the market but are still being sold in other stores across the region.