SOME prosecutors on Monday also joined the “Million People March” against the Priority Development Assistance Fund in front of the Quirino Grandstand in Manila’s Luneta Park.
Likewise, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima on Monday said just like the other Filipino, the prosecutors also have the right to participate in any peaceful rally and express their sentiments.
De Lima added the prosecutors also have the right to support the legitimate undertaking such as the calls for the abolition of pork barrel.
De Lima stressed that “all of us have the reason to protest and express our anger.”
PEACE AND ORDER
Meanwhile, the Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday said the anti-pork barrel fund rally at Rizal Park was peaceful so far.
It added an estimated 60,000 people from different organizations were present.
Most of the participants at the rally, which called for the scrapping of the pork barrel system, were orderly.
Many of them opted to put their food wrappers in their pockets and look for a trash bin instead of throwing the wrappers indiscriminately, the PNP report added.
Except for an incident where participants booed former chief justice Renato Corona away from the site, the rally had been festive, with many holding a picnic at Rizal Park.
Meanwhile, police units have sealed off Malacañang amid reports that militants may march to Mendiola Bridge Monday afternoon.
The report said the PNP deployed personnel to the J.P. Laurel Gate and Solano Gate, as well as Mendiola.
At least 130 personnel from the Eastern Police District were guarding the area. PNA