DOT homegrown tourism drive rolls outFebruary 25, 2014 9:17 pm
ILOILO CITY: The Department of Tourism regional office here is launching a grand homegrown tourism attraction campaign of Region 6 in this highly urbanized southern city on Sunday as it unfolds the “Experience Western Visayas First tourism drive for local and national tourists especially the Ilonggos
DOT Regional Director Helen Catalbas said the campaign will be highlighted by a grand parade starting at the capitol grounds to the Iloilo Freedom Grandstand where a program will be held to focus on must-experience destinations and attractions of Iloilo City and Bacolod City and from the provinces of Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo and Negros Occidental.
Enjoy the sight of various costumes flaunted by each delegation of Western Visayas and be tickled by the different music and beats of their drums during the parade. Be enticed with the local products from Iloilo, Bacolod, Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo and Negros Occidental to be showcased and sold during the Tourism Fair from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Mercado Real along J.M. Basa Street or Calle Real.
Catalbas said the campaign is supporting the pedestranization program of the Iloilo City government and after the Freedom Grandstand program, guests are enjoined to walk and see the rehabilitated commercial heritage buildings along the central business district of the city. A program will also be held at the Plazoleta Gay and admission is free.
At a Glance
- CAVITE VICE GOVERNOR NAMEDOUTSTANDING LOCAL LEGISLATOR
- SHIPPING LINES ORDEREDTO REMOVE EMPTY CONTAINERS
- Cavite ex-village chief nabbed for murder
- Three boys arrested for hazing in CamSur
- Two electrocuted in Batangas
- 3 killed, 1 hurt in Batangas ambush
- Young NPA Medic Gives Up Rebel Fight
- Kidnapped construction foreman released
- Smart cell site in Camarines Sur robbed
- Illegal drug syndicate leader arrested