DOT homegrown tourism drive rolls outFebruary 25, 2014 9:17 pm
ILOILO CITY: The Department of Tourism regional office here is launching a grand homegrown tourism attraction campaign of Region 6 in this highly urbanized southern city on Sunday as it unfolds the “Experience Western Visayas First tourism drive for local and national tourists especially the Ilonggos
DOT Regional Director Helen Catalbas said the campaign will be highlighted by a grand parade starting at the capitol grounds to the Iloilo Freedom Grandstand where a program will be held to focus on must-experience destinations and attractions of Iloilo City and Bacolod City and from the provinces of Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo and Negros Occidental.
Enjoy the sight of various costumes flaunted by each delegation of Western Visayas and be tickled by the different music and beats of their drums during the parade. Be enticed with the local products from Iloilo, Bacolod, Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo and Negros Occidental to be showcased and sold during the Tourism Fair from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Mercado Real along J.M. Basa Street or Calle Real.
Catalbas said the campaign is supporting the pedestranization program of the Iloilo City government and after the Freedom Grandstand program, guests are enjoined to walk and see the rehabilitated commercial heritage buildings along the central business district of the city. A program will also be held at the Plazoleta Gay and admission is free.
At a Glance
- Bandit leader killed, 4 others captured in clash
- Rebel tagged behind killing of soldiers arrested
- Stop demolition of P2.1-B Pampanga dike – group
- DOH gears for zero AIDS-related deaths by 2015
- SUSPECTED RAPIST GUNNED DOWN
- NURSE BEATEN UP BY DOCTOR-BOYFRIEND
- TRADER SHOT DEAD BY SECURITY GUARD
- Talks held to address Puerto Princesa crime, poverty
- Catanduanes declared ‘NPA-free’
- Cavite police arrest suspected drug peddler