A few small changes in your life can help you squeeze in some exercise and make better-for-you food choices. Consider making small adjustments to existing routines to form new habits that you can stick with for the long term. Here’s how:
• When time is tight, try to work in a 10-minute power walk three times a day, you will be invigorated and meet your daily goals.
• For healthier, more delicious salads and smoothies, just add strawberries and blueberries. Three servings a week of these antioxidant-rich fruits can help protect your heart.
• To get more out of your workout, just add dynamic moves such as jumping jacks and high kicks to the beginning of your session. They activate the muscles you’ll use later in your routine.
• To have a meal that’s both good for you and delicious, simply add Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken to a favorite salad.
To find simple and delicious recipes-most under 500 calories-and more tips go to Facebook.com/GrilledAndReady and click on the “Just Add This” tab.
Tyson Foods also offers an opportunity to share how you’ve been making smarter food choices through the “Just Add This” recipe contest. Contest entrants submit a recipe they’ve improved by adding Grilled & Ready chicken or by taking an existing recipe made with the chicken and adding a good-for-you ingredient. The winner gets an all-expense-paid weekend for two to a Taste of Home Cooking School.
A delicious dish such as Mexicana Chicken in Crispy Tortilla Bowls can be easy to create and great to eat when you’re looking for a fun and easy twist to healthful meal options.
To inspire yourself, consider this recipe, made with the 100 percent all natural and 97 percent fat-free Grilled & Ready chicken.
The fully cooked chicken allows for less prep time, while still giving you the ability to create a delicious homemade meal.
Mexicana Chicken in Crispy Tortilla Bowls
2 cups Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips
6 8-inch flour tortillas
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup onion, diced
½ cup celery, diced
29 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
14.5 ounces black beans, rinsed, drained
1 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 teaspoon chili powder
¾ cup fat-free sour cream
1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
1. Prepare Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips according to package instructions.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 6 10-ounce ovenproof custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; place on cookie sheet.
3. Place tortillas on microwavable plate, cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until very soft. Spray one side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray. Center tortillas over cups, coated side up. Press into cups so top edges are even and against side of each cup to make bowl as large as possible. Bake on bottom oven rack for 15 minutes or until tortillas are stiff enough to hold their shape. Remove tortilla bowls from cups, place on cookie sheet. Return to oven and bake 3 minutes longer or until browned and stiff. Remove tortilla bowls from cookie sheet; place on wire rack.
4. Heat olive oil in an 8-quart stock pot over medium-high until the oil is hot. Add the onions and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
5. Add the tomatoes, black beans, chicken strips, cumin, chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
6. Ladle into the 6 tortilla bowls. Garnish each with a dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Learn more about Tyson Grilled & Ready products at www.GrilledAndReady.com, and find it in the grocer’s refrigerated section and freezer aisle in a space-saving bag with the same amount of great grilled taste. North American Precis Syndicate