Embattled cadet leaves Academy

0

EMBATTLED First Class Cadet Jeff Cudia left the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) on Sunday night, hours after he failed to join the graduation ceremony of the PMA Siklab-Diwa Class of 2014.

PMA spokesman Maj. Lynette Flores on Monday said that Cudia left the PMA premises at around 10 p.m. accompanied by his parents and siblings, and a lawyer from the Public Attorney’s Office who represented him in his case.

“It was his personal decision to leave,” she added.

Cudia was ordered discharged from the training institution last month after he was found guilty of lying by the PMA’s Honor Committee, which was subsequently upheld by the Cadet Review and Appeals Board.


Flores said that Cudia has since then filed an indefinite leave and has the option to leave, but decided to stay while awaiting the finality of his case.

She explained that technically, Cudia should not stay anymore even at the barracks
after he filed his indefinite leave but was given leeway by the PMA administration.

“The impression from outside was that we were holding him here at the PMA, we are detaining him. But it was not the case, willingly he decided to stay for the meantime in the PMA even if he was allowed to go and start life as a private individual,” Flores added.

Share.
.
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.