• Enough said on VP case –Palace

    2

    Malacañang on Sunday said President Benigno Aquino 3rd has commented enough on allegations of graft against Vice President Jejomar Binay and it would be up to investigating lawmakers to decide whether to wrap up their probe.

    “I think the President had already expressed how he felt about [the Senate probe]and it would be up to them [senators]to decide what to do next,” Presidential Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said over state-run Radyo ng Bayan.

    He reiterated Aquino’s position that the investigation should not be done in “dribs and drabs” and that evidence on Binay’s supposed involvement in the overpricing of the Makati City Hall Building 2 project and his supposed ownership of a vast farm in Batangas province should be presented.

    In an interview with reporters at the sidelines of his official visit to China for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Leaders Summit last week, the President said the Senate blue ribbon sub-committee must present the entire evidence.

    “I would have to respect a co-equal branch but does it have to be in dribs and drabs? Can we not have the whole list? Is the proof really there? Is there substantial proof?” he asked.

    Aquino explained that “for every question,” people “want the answer as soon as possible.” He noted that the senators conducting the investigation of Binay and his family have to “balance politics and responsibilities.”

    “I’d like to think that we have responsible members of the Senate who are attending to the other functions besides this,” the President said.

    The sub-committee is composed of Senators Aquilino Pimentel 3rd, Antonio Trillanes 4th and Alan Peter Cayetano.

    According to Coloma, the President’s views on Binay’s case remain unchanged.

    He said the government’s “primary focus” is governance and that they would leave it to the parties involved on how to go about the issues against the Vice President.

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    2 Comments

    1. The Senate hearing would have been over a long time ago , had the Vice President did not consistently dodged the invitations of the Senate Blue Ribbon Sub-Committee including the invitation of the mother Senate Blue Ribbon Committee which he himself said to attend (once invited) but shamelessly snobbed ………… Pres. Aquino ( NOT AS PRESIDENT but AS A CLOSE FRIEND OF VP BINAY) should have advised the Vice President to help locate the whereabouts of LIMLINGAN , EBENG BALOLOY , GREGORIO etc., and attend the Senate hearing … their absence is , ABSOLUTELY , the cause of these DRIBS & DRABS he is claiming !!!…… WHAT DO YOU THINK MY BELOVED COUNTRYMEN ? …something fishy ?