Eric Quizon to direct BTS for Miss U in Manila

0
MJ-Marfori20160905

MJ MARFORI

Plus: Celeb’s mom acts more entitled than superstar daughter

Guess who? Attendants at a driving school were all shocked when a teen star’s mother went berserk after learning that her famous daughter’s classes were nullified sans refund because of a no-show.

According to In The Know’s source, what happened was simply company policy, and that other A-list stars who previously enrolled in their school always abide by the rules.

The staffers were even more shocked when the mother asked them if they didn’t know who they were talking to.


“Hindi n’yo ba ako kilala? Ako ang nanay ni….?!”

Here’s a clue: Perhaps the celebrity offspring was far away working when she missed her class.



Actor-director Eric Quizon

Actor-director Eric Quizon

Eric Quizon is now a bonafide pageant director.

In the Know caught up with the late Comedy King Dolphy’s well known son at the opening of his brand new business venture, Montage Skin Science clinic, along Sgt. Esguerra in Quezon City.

Revealing the good news, he told In the Know he will shoot the behind-the-scenes portion of Miss Universe 2016, which is set to take place in the Philippines in January 2017.

Eric is currently in talks with Miss Universe Organization’s production team as to the details of his role as pageant director.

“That’s still under discussion, but mostly we’re trying to promote [the candidates]. So mostly the work will be angled there.”

Eric was tapped by the group of former Ilocos Sur governor ChavitSingson for the post.Singson has spearheaded raising funds to mount the prestigious pageant on January 30 as the government will not be spending for global event.

Besides his pageant director debut for Miss U, Eric shared more good news with In the Knowin that he and his 17 siblings have reached an agreement on how to deal with their beloved father’s estate, four years since his death. Instead of auctioning Dolphy’s 14-hectare land in Calatagan, Batangas, they unanimously agreed to turn the property into an income-generating destination to be called “Dolphyville.”

“I’m in the process of signing a really monumental deal for my family in terms of real estate. So plans, which we’ve all talked about before—a museum for Dad among other things—they’re all going to happen.”



 Ritz Azul is thriving in her new home PHOTO FROM INSTAGRAM/RITZAZUL

Ritz Azul is thriving in her new home PHOTO FROM INSTAGRAM/RITZAZUL

It’s been six months since Ritz Azul debuted as the latest sexy celebrity to join ABS-CBN, and she is happy to share that the network has granted most of her requests. Particularly when it comes to her choice of leading men.

“I’m really very lucky and grateful [to the network]. You see, when I signed my contract, they asked me who I wanted to work with. I told them I wanted to work with Coco Martin, Paulo Avelino, and John Lloyd Cruz.

“Right after the contract signing, I was immediately given a spot on Coco’s AngProbinsyano, and soon after, I got to work with Paulo in The Promise of Forever. So all that’s left [from my list]is John Lloyd Cruz!”

A former TV5 talent, Ritz’ transfer to ABS-CBN came with the opportunity to travel to Europe for the first time to shoot for her upcoming teleserye with Paulo and Ejay Falcon.

She admits she found it challenging to adjust to a bigger network.

“At first, I felt out of place working in a new environment and a new set of people. Besides the new series, they also gave me workshops.”

Ritz is grateful to her show’s production team for treating her “like a star” even if she is a newbie in the network.

“I’m under a lot of pressure but there are so many people helping me to adjust so I can say that I feel part of this family now.”

Ritz, who is currently on her third week of taping, happily told In the Know, “I’ve adjusted to my new home.”



Sophie Albert (second from right) at her contract signing, flanked by (from left) Manny Valera and Regal Film’s Roselle and Lily Monteverde PHOTO FROM INSTAGRAM/ITSSOPHIEALBERT

Sophie Albert (second from right) at her contract signing, flanked by (from left) Manny Valera and Regal Film’s Roselle and Lily Monteverde PHOTO FROM INSTAGRAM/ITSSOPHIEALBERT

“Millennial Regal Baby.” That’s the tag that former TV5 celebrity Sophie Albert goes by nowadays.

Sophie has signed a contract with Mother Lily Monteverde to star in several movies, and confessed she felt disheartened for almost half a year, waiting for something to come up in her career.

“I was telling Mother Lily I was so happy that she gave me this chance because I’ve been waiting for such a long time. That’s why I’m quite emotional. Thank God for this break!”

Sophie debut in showbiz was via Star Magic Batch 15, ABS-CBN’s annual sourcing of young talents for the biz. Her batchmates included Jessy Mendiola, Bella Padilla and Max Collins who all have thriving careers in different networks.

Now that she’s finally getting her long awaited break, Sophie says she is ready to veer away from her wholesome image.

“I’m not limiting myself to anything, so I’m going to go sexy already.”

No one’s bound to stop Sophie from taking this turn in her career as her relationship with Vin Abrenica, which began in 2014, is now officially over.

Choosing not to go in to details over what happened, she simply said, “I’m single… Very good.”


Until next week! Ta-ta!

Share.
.
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.