• Excess relief goods to be distributed to worse hit areas

    0

    ILOILO CITY: Typhoon ‘Ruby’ (international name Hagupit) entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) last December 4, 2014 with the same trajectory as that of typhoon Yolanda last year. The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) with its local counterparts readied their relief programs to swiftly aid those who are greatly affected by the typhoon.

    Iloilo Provincial Social Welfare and Development Officer, Dr. Nenette Pador said that even after the onslaught of Ruby, the monitoring of cases, as well as relief operations are still ongoing. Staff from the same government organization are visiting evacuation areas around the province to check if the families affected were able to get back to their normal lives.

    As for the relief goods left in the capitol, Dr. Pador said that it will be distributed to the worse hit areas in Iloilo, particularly Concepcion, Estancia, Carles, and other island barangays in the north. Local Government Units (LGUs) from Barotac Viejo have also asked for more assistance since some of the barangays were not able to receive much help.

    According to the latest Consolidated Monitoring Report provided by the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (PDRRMC) from the five districts of Iloilo, a total of 31, 566 families or 125,670 individuals were affected and housed in 852 evacuation centers set up around the province.

    Jerry Bionat, PDRRM Officer of Iloilo, stated that as of December 10 about 98% (roughly 120, 600 people) in the evacuation centers were already able to return to their homes and resume their normal lives. PNA

    Share.
    loading...
    Loading...

    Please follow our commenting guidelines.

    Comments are closed.