New 4-cylinder turbo taken from Mustang EcoBoost
Ford Philippines has announced a new entry-level variant of its recently updated Explorer sport-utility vehicle (SUV) – the Limited EcoBoost 4×2.
The new model is powered by a turbocharged, 2.3-liter, twin-cam, 16-valve, direct-injection inline-4 from the Mustang EcoBoost producing 280 horsepower and 408 Nm of torque, which is mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox with sequential-shift mode and paddle shifters. This replaces the 2.0-liter engine in the previous Explorer EcoBoost, which produced 240 horsepower and 366 Nm of torque.
The Limited comes three months after the introduction of the Explorer Sport 4×4, powered by a twin-turbocharged, 3.5-liter V6 with 365 horsepower and 475 Nm of torque. Like the Sport, the Limited features the model’s new fascia with a wider grill and rectangular LED headlights, complemented by slimmer taillights at the back. The model also has 20-inch premium painted aluminum wheels offering an improved ride and handling
The company also said the Limited features new door seals, a new closed-off lower roof rack and a new rear spoiler to help improve aerodynamics, as well as an enhanced sound package with engine sub-frame mounts specially tuned to reduce vibration.
Beefed up electronic aids and convenience features
The new Explorer is equipped with even more smart technologies designed to further enhance both the driver and passengers’ ride experience, such as:
• Front 180 Degree Camera with Washer: A first in its segment and exclusive to its class, the new Explorerhas wide-angled front camera lenses now with a built-in washer, eliminating the hassles of blurry screens when parking.
• Front Park Assist technology is also present in the new Explorer to help drivers during stressful parking situations. With this, drivers can easily park the new Explorerwith more ease and confidence with sensors to warn the driver of oncoming vehicles.
• Smart-Charging USB ports: Located at the front and rear sides of the vehicle, the new Explorer offers two (2) USB ports designed to charge smart devices up to two times faster than conventional ports — an ideal for those on-the-go.
• Hands-Free Liftgate: A convenient feature that allows customers with pre-occupied hands to easily open or close the new Explorer’s liftgate with a kicking motion below the center of the rear bumper.
• Paddle Shifters: Now cleverly located on the steering wheel for that fun-to-drive experience.
The Explorer EcoBoost limited is now available at all Ford dealerships for P2.479 million.