Fed-up MH370 families to hunt for debris in Madagascar

0

KUALA LUMPUR: Relatives of MH370 passengers will travel to Madagascar next month in hopes of re-kindling efforts to find and recover seaborne debris from the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines jet, next-of-kin association Voice370 said on Monday. The Boeing 777 jet was carrying 239 passengers and crew when it disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014. It is believed to have crashed into the Indian Ocean, but an extensive deep-sea hunt off Australia’s west coast has so far failed to find a single piece of debris from the plane, with the search set to end by early 2017. Voice370 has repeatedly complained about the lack of a coordinated search in the western Indian Ocean and along the African coast despite the recovery there of several pieces of debris which were either confirmed or declared highly likely to have come from MH370. “Despite these hugely important finds, there has been no systematic, organized search by any responsible party,” a statement by the group said.

Share.
.
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.