VICE President Jejomar Binay on Friday expressed fear that the pork barrel fund scam might be used by his detractors to destroy him.
Binay said the public is made to believe by some quarters that if he wins the presidency, all his allies, who are implicated in the pork scam, will go scot-free.
“There are some people poisoning the minds of the people that if I become president, I will play favorites,” he added.
Binay has openly expressed his intention of running in the presidential race in the 2016 national elections.
Since then, he claimed that his detractors have launched an all-out campaign to discredit him and his family.
The Vice President maintained that those who will be found guilty in the pork scam probe should be prosecuted.
“I am a lawyer and I know the law. If there is sufficient evidence, you file a case,” he said.
He added that efforts to pin down those involved in the scam should not spare political allies or relatives.
Among the allies of Binay who were charged in connection with the pork scam are Senators Juan Ponce Enrile and Jose ‘Jinggoy’ Estrada.
Confused by the existence of different lists containing lawmakers and government officials who were allegedly involved in the pork barrel fund scam, Binay expressed hopes that the truth shall prevail.
“The Napoles case is being investigated. Hopefully, the truth will come out,” he said.
The case centers on jailed businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles, the alleged brains of the P10-billion scam involving priority development assistance fund or pork barrel of lawmakers.
Binay earlier likened the existence of several Napoles lists to the Hello Garci controversy where different versions of a taped conversation between former election commissioner Virgilio Garcillano and then-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo surfaced.