‘Foreign Invasion’ explodes Jan 22

0
The Philippines’ Mark Palomar (left) And American Brad Robinson. CONTRIBUTED PHOTO

The Philippines’ Mark Palomar (left) And American Brad Robinson.
CONTRIBUTED PHOTO

ADHERING to its ultimate goal of producing world-class Filipino fighters, the Underground Battle (UGB) mixed martial arts (MMA) announced its very first international event titled Foreign Invasion on January 22 at the Makati Coliseum.

Advertisements

“This is the perfect time to showcase the top MMA fighters we have today and to give them the proper break they deserve,” UGB founder Ferdie Munsayac told The Manila Times.

“Filipino fighters are the best. Ang mga Pinoy, may dugong mandirigma,” he added.

The main event will feature Filipino power-striker Mark Palomar who will take on ONE Championship standout Brad Robinson of the United States for the inaugural middleweight championship title.

“I prepared for this fight so long and I know that my opponent is also a great fighter. My training is really strenuous,” Palomar said in Filipino.

The 34-year old Palomar described his coming international fight a “moment of truth” and thanked the Philippine-based promotion, UGB MMA, for the opportunity given to him.

Fighting in the co-main events are local bets Rodian Menchavez and Welmil Graves.

Menchavez will face Ahmed Mujtaba of Pakistan for the inaugural UGB MMA featherweight belt while Graves will try to dispute the ban- tamweight belt against Ulo- omi Karim.

The other fighters who will see action are Tajikistan’s Salim Mukhi-dinov against the Philippines’ Mario Sismundo, and Pakistan’s Haider Farman versus Filipino RJ Redulla.

The UGB MMA signed a strategic agreement with the World Series of Fighting – Global Championship (WSOF-GC) for a three-year partnership on December 15 last year.

JEAN RUSSEL V. DAVID and RENZ KEVIN M. ALCAZAR

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.