LOS ANGELES: The family of a US citizen who was killed during a raid by Israeli troops in 2010 on a Gaza-bound flotilla is suing former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, claiming unlawful death and torture. Attorneys representing the Turkish family of Furkan Dogan told AFP that Barak was served papers in the civil case late Tuesday after giving a speech at an event near Los Angeles. Dogan, a US citizen born in New York, was among nine people killed in the raid on six Turkish boats that had been attempting to break Israel’s blockade of Gaza. Israel at the time said that it had sent repeated warnings to the flotilla before launching the raid. The incident soured once-close relations between Israel and Turkey. A UN panel that reviewed the case determined that the raid was “excessive and unreasonable” but also laid blame on Turkey.