ZAMBOANGA CITY: Suspected Abu Sayyaf bandits have released the four people, including two children, abducted last week in Sulu, a military official said.
Western Mindanao Command (Westmincom) information officer Captain Maria Rowena Muyuela said released were the following: Mohamad Zaher Nain, 11; Alyza Farah Karanain, eight; Almalyn Abuhail, 17; and, Saddam Amlih, 24.
Nain is the son of Jolo Municipal Health Officer Dr. Faranazh Jajurie and Karanain is a relative while Amlih and Abuhail are the family driver and house helper, respectively.
Muyuela disclosed the victims were freed around 4:00 p.m. Wednesday at the circumferential road in Barangay Latih, Patikul, Sulu.
The victims were seized last March 3 in front of a tailoring shop along General Arola Street in Barangay Alat, Jolo, the capital town of Sulu.
Amlih and Abuhail were picking up Nain and Karanain to the Jolo Notre Dame School for Girls when seven armed men dressed in “tablig” attire blocked their vehicle.
At gunpoint, the gunmen transferred the victims to a “Tamaraw” vehicle and sped towards the municipality of Patikul.
Meanwhile, Muyuela said that the 2nd Marine Brigade in coordination with the Sulu Police Provincial Office is tracking down the suspects behind the abduction of the four victims. PNA