The beginning of the Lunar New Year has long been the most important holiday for Chinese communities around the world. In their culture, this occasion is considered to be the best time for family reunions to happen, be it in their own homes, or other venues with grand celebrations.
Nian Liwanag-Rigor, assistant vice president for public relations and corporate communications at The Manila Hotel, said she has witnessed the importance of celebrating Chinese New Year among Chinoy families, year after year, with the hotel’s specially designed affairs to mark the occasion.
Tonight, the eve of the Year of the Fire Monkey, will be no different at the Grand Dame, which has a bountiful menu for guests, besides uniting the family in a meal, hopes to usher good fortune at the stroke of midnight.
Moreover, the hotel has also organized sessions with Feng Shui experts in the lead up to the grand event, with both Filipinos and Chinese-Filipinos always eager to find out what may be in store for them in the New Year.
Below, one of The Manila Hotel’s favorite astrologers and Bazi Hanz Cua shares his readings for the Year of the Fire Monkey.
* * *
According to Cua, we can expect 2016 to be a year of exhilarating activity, innovation, and surprising turns in fortunes, love and in business.
He explained, “The energy of the Monkey is not quite so benevolent! The astrological sign of the Monkey, combined with the element of Fire is aggressive, witty, unconventional, self-serving and likes to dominate avenues of communication. The year of the Monkey 2016 is symbolized by two opposing elements: Fire and Metal, with Fire being the stronger, more destructive element. Metal must yield to Fire and so there are many contradictions and conflicts that will characterize this year.”
1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020
Lucky Rodent, you are good friends with the Monkey! Intimate and social matters will be especially rewarding.
• This year will bring plenty of opportunity for romance, and also a good year if you are thinking of getting married. Signs you are compatible with: Ox, a Dragon, or Monkey.
• Career and investments are a bit challenging. Work hard and don’t lose your patience. This is the time to build and strengthen social and professional relationships. Partnerships with either a Monkey or Dragon in business will be favorable.
• Be wary of health problems that have to do with kidneys, and the urinary system.
• Possible affliction: # 7 Violent Star. Take precaution against robbery and fires.
1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009
You are generally in good terms with the Monkey but the Year of the Monkey is the time to shake things up.
• You prefer to go the slow and steady route, but this is not the year to be conformist! Do something new and innovative or travel to places you’ve never been.
• If you have thinking about making a change of job or occupation, this is the year to do it.
• Don’t be neglectful of your relationship, you tend to put other matters ahead of your partner. Ox is most compatible with another Ox, a Snake, or a Rooster.
• Digestive problems could be an issue this year.
• Possible affliction: Yellow Misfortune Star #5 which brings accidents.
1914, 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010
You are opposing forces with the Monkey so the year 2016 may test your patience and intellect.
• Be level-headed at all times and not make rash decisions especially concerning your career and money matters. Avoid high-risk investments. Be wary of getting into deals with deceptive people.
• It won’t hurt to learn a new skill. If you’re planning to take a masters degree 2016 is the year to do it.
• Problems in communication with your loved one may be an issue as well. Tiger’s ideal mate is a Dragon, a Horse, or a Dog.
• Possible affliction: Yellow Misfortune Star #5. Take precaution from accidents while travelling.
1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011
You and Monkey get along in a mutual give-and-take relationship.
• If you are in music, art, or any creative occupation, it will be a productive year. Join fine art fairs, bazaars and festivals to create buzz for yourself.
• Even if you’re not in the arts, attending social events will generate good business connections for you.
• You’ll be very busy, but find time to relax and don’t over-tax yourself. Your vulnerable spots are the possible injuries to the head and a weak digestive system.
• Seeking a new love interest in the year of the Monkey? You will be well-matched with another Rabbit, a Sheep, or a Pig.
• You will find favor in: Star of Future Prosperity #9
1916, 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012
The fiery energy of your friend the Monkey will bring many advantages for you. You will shine in love as well as in career.
• If you are an employee, plenty of business offers, if you are a business owner, you will experience an increase of commerce.
• Romance is promising for single Dragons and there is possibility you’ll find your new love at work or a business gathering. If you are in a relationship, you will be even closer. If you are engaged this is a good year to tie the knot. Your best choice is another Dragon, a Rat, or a Monkey.
• Your taste for rich foods may not be good for your well-being. Practice a healthy diet and do meditation to de-stress.
• You will find favor in: Auspicious White Star #1
1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013
You have rapport with the Fire Monkey. Fire element is also beneficial for the Snake.
• Career and finances will be abundant this year and you’ll see increased prospects in both.
• Get involved in social and business networking to enhance your reputation and connections. Self-promotion will bring many rewards.
• Male Snakes may be luckier in love than the female Snake, who find they need to exert more effort with their partners. You’ll find a like-minded spouse with another Snake, an Ox, or a Rooster.
• You will find business luck from Auspicious White Star #1
1918, 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014
Monkey’s spontaneity is direct contrast to the Horse’s common sense. Fire is the Horse’s earth element and you will benefit from the Yang energy of 2016.
• Financial matters will be tight especially in the beginning of the year. You will need a good financial strategy to weather the expenses.
• There will be opportunities for travel and adventure. Your financial luck may lie in a job abroad.
• Establish better communications with your spouse or partner to maintain harmony. Horse’s ideal mate is another Horse, a Dog, or Tiger.
• Health problems you may have to deal with concern breathing and circulation. Watch your weight and exercise in a sensible manner.
• You find favor with Indirect Wealth Star #6.
1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003
You are generally in good terms with the Monkey. Monkey tends to be hasty, but your natural diplomacy provides a good counterbalance.
• In career you will benefit from the patronage of those higher up or from mentors. Don’t be shy to show your talents and skills because this could lead to some major job offers or promotion.
• Money management is your weakness. You need to work hard to bring home the cash but keep some of it too.
• Your love and family life improves this year. Romantic opportunities for singles are plenty, and for married Sheep, your spouse and children will provide support and joy to you. You are most compatible with a Sheep, a Pig, or Rabbit.
1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004
In Chinese tradition a Monkey in the Year of the Monkey meets opposition and competition, so 2016 will be one of highs and lows, for while it is your year, pursuits won’t come easy. Avenues of success will be open to you, but it requires effort and determination to achieve your goals.
• Your sense of adventure will be most rewarded by Fire’s yang energy. The uphill climb is early part of 2016 and its best not to slack off. Plan and strategize during this period. The second half of the year is more favorable for getting your projects and business off the ground.
• Social networking should be rewarding for you. Building the right connections and establishing your brand (personal or business) is something you excel at and should take advantage of.
• Romance may experience a few bumps this year. Monkey is on conflict with Tai Sui, and you should carefully choose an auspicious date if you are planning on getting married. Most compatible for you would be a relationship with an Ox, a Rat, or Dragon.
• You will have favor with #8 Wealth Star
1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005
Roosters don’t vibe with the Monkey because they have contradicting personas. You need to shake up your thinking and get with the snappy pace of the Fire Monkey’s energy to be productive in 2016.
• You need to be more conservative during the early months of 2016, particularly in your career. Plan your moves and study your options. The second half of the year is more favorable for those seeking new job opportunities. Making important contacts and deals will also yield better success.
• Communication blocks may hamper your love life, but with patience you can ease relationship issues with your partner. Single roosters need to mingle more, in general the love vibes are positive for you to meet someone special. Rooster is most compatible with an Ox, or Snake.
• Love luck is found in #4 Romance Star
1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006
The hard-working Dog will thrive in the feisty Fire energy of Monkey year. There will plenty of inspiration to fuel new projects and dreams.
• Professional colleagues and bosses will be especially supportive. You’ll find yourself being handed more offers and opportunities than ever before, but try not to get carried away.
• Your money luck improves greatly this year. A career change or a promotion can prove highly beneficial in terms of income.
• Challenges may come in the form of legal disputes. It would be best not to try to ignore such matters, and negotiate a fair settlement with the other party.
• Possible affliction: Star of Hostility #3 which brings court cases
• Don’t forget to find time for your beloved who may feel a bit neglected with your full schedule. Dogs will find their perfect match with another Dog, a Tiger, or a Horse.
1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007
Your earth element is Water and Monkey is Wind according to Chinese astrology. It is a fickle mixture: Pig needs to find balance and harmony so that he does not get swept away by Monkey’s breezy energy.
• Your income prospects are very good this year, but don’t let you improved finances let you get carried away in the spending department. Pigs love luxuries, but it is always better to put some of your wealth into smart investments.
• Now is not the time to make drastic changes in your career, the energy of the Monkey is not favorable to you. Instead, concentrate on improving your skills and stabilizing your job situation.
• Take time for a getaway with your beloved so they don’t feel neglected. Your compatible mate is a Sheep, a Tiger, or a Rabbit.
• Possible affliction: Star of Hostility #3 which brings misunderstanding
You can find Master Hanz Cua at Level 1 EDSA Shangri-La Plaza Mandaluyong City, Philippines. For appointments contact 922-829-0382, or email: Hanz_cua2002@yahoo.com.