TROPICAL storm “Gorio” affected more than 600 families or over 2,000 individuals in four regions and caused landslides and flashfloods in areas where it dumped heavy rain last week, according to a gov-ernment-run disaster agency.
The victims were from Metro Manila, Ilocos, Central Luzon and Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon), the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said on Sun-day.
Of the 639 affected families, 111 or 504 of the 2,739 individuals were placed inside five designated evacuation centers.
”Gorio” also caused landslides in Silangan, Quezon City; five from the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR); in Camp 5, Kennon Road, Baguio City; and in the Benguet towns of Tuba and Bokod; and in Bau-ko, Mountain Province, the NDRRMC said.
Meanwhile, flash floods were monitored in Barangay Sto. Rosario in the City of San Fernando, Pam-panga, which congested traffic.
No casualties or damage was recorded, the NDRRMC said.
”Gorio” left the country early Sunday, according to the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical Astronomi-cal Services Administration (Pagasa).