Group seeks probe of QC judge

0

A group on Saturday sought the investigation of a Quezon City judge who allegedly sold his decision for millions of pesos.

Advertisements

The Coalition of Filipino Consumers (CFC) made the call following allegations that Branch 97 Regional Trial Court Judge Bernelito Fernandez received P10 million in exchange for a temporary restraining order (TRO) that favored businessman Reghis Romero 2nd.
The CFC is headed by Perfecto Tagalog.

The group earlier urged the Supreme Court to investigate justices of the Court of Appeals who are allegedly selling TROs.

The CFC sought Fernandez’s investigation after the judge issued a TRO stopping Romero’s son Michael from taking control of the Harbour Center Port Terminal Inc. Father and son are contesting ownership of the port terminal.

Fernandez allegedly left the country after issuing a 20-day TRO on May 5.
Last week, the younger Romero asked Fernandez to inhibit himself from the case because of his perceived bias for Reghis.

Michael said Fernandez showed his bias for his father in hearings held on April 25 and May 19. He said the judge gave assurances that he will first resolve the motion seeking to dismiss his father’s plea on jurisdictional grounds, then rule on the petition for the issuance of a TRO.

“This [however]did not happen. Instead, Judge Fernandez ruled on the motion to dismiss not first, but simultaneously with the grant of the TRO,” Michael said in a statement.

Share.
loading...
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.