COTABATO CITY: A fire gutted the medical supply building of the Department of Health in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (DOH-ARMM) here on Tuesday reportedly caused by faulty electrical short circuit, damaging P2-million worth of medicines and equipment, regional authorities said.
No one was reported hurt in the fire, which started at about 10:30 a.m. during working hours of the employees, DOH-ARMM consultant Dr. Ariadne Silongan told reporters.
The building is situated at the DOH-ARMM regional office inside the ARMM compound here.
“The fire was quick to spread but firemen arrived just in time and prevented the spread to other buildings,” Silongan told reporters.
Dr. Kadil Sinolinding Jr., DOH-ARMM secretary, said damages were estimated at P2-million worth of medicines and medical equipment stored at a stockroom gutted by the fire.