The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. (Pagcor) sees P44.15 billion in revenues this year.
Pagcor Chairman and Chief Executive Cristino Naguiat Jr. said that “we are projecting growth for this year of P44.15 billion, or 8 percent higher than 2012.”
Pagcor’s commercial bingo and e-games/Internet gaming also sees growth to P3.82 billion from P3.54 billion and P2.02 billion from P1.76 billion, respectively.
Naguiat added that last year, Pagcor earned P40.88 billion in revenues, or 11-percent higher compared to the previous year.
In 2011, Pagcor generated P36.65 billion in revenues, up from the previous year’s P31.46 billion.
Pagcor’s contributions to nation building in 2012 totaled P20.96 billion. This was higher by P3.59 billion compared to the P17.37 billion remittances made by Pagcor to the government in 2011.
The state-owned gaming firm is gearing for revenue growth in the next few years.
“We are focusing on the Entertainment City. The Entertainment City Manila is a multibillion-dollar project of Pagcor, covering 120 hectares of prime reclaimed land at the western portion of the Manila Bay in Parañaque City,” Naguiat said.
The Philippine government’s tourism blueprint, the National Tourism Development Plan, seeks to attract 10 million tourists into the country by 2016.
Besides boosting tourist arrivals, Entertainment City is expected to generate over 20,000 jobs.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Top Business News | Hits:71
By : Mayvelin U. Caraballo Reporter
Philippine factory output in November 2012, as measured by Volume of Production index (VoPi), slightly moved up at a slower growth rate of 9.6 percent, according to the results of the Monthly Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Top Business News | Hits:74
By : Madelaine B. Miraflor Reporter
Investors continued to consolidate their assets and cash in on their gains on Wednesday, making the index fall 60 points away from the 6,100 mark. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Top Business News | Hits:80
By : Madelaine B. Miraflor
The Department of Energy (DOE) has signed five of 11 coal contracts under the Philippine Energy Contracting Round 4 (PECR4), which will let investors acquire and develop coal power sites that the agency has offered. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Top Business News | Hits:59
Good news, they are aplenty! Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Top Business News | Hits:54
By : James Konstantin Galvez Reporter
The country’s biggest miner on Wednesday said that it will cooperate with the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB) over penalty the government imposed from a tailings spill at the company’s Padcal mine in Benguet province. Read more