
| Stephanie Nicole Ella FILE PHOTO |
President Benigno Aquino 3rd has raised the bounty for Stephanie Nicole Ella’s killers from P400,000 to P2 million, a Malacañang official said on Sunday.
Palace deputy spokesman Abigail Valte said in an interview aired over state-run Radyo ng Bayan (dzRB) that the President offered a P2-million reward for whoever could give information leading to the arrest of Ella’s killer.
“Yes, I can confirm that. The President mentioned it last week in his dialogue with the annual conference of the RMN station managers. P2 million for the information leading to the arrest and conviction,” she added.
Mayor Recom Echiverri of Caloocan City and Mayor Sherwin Gatchalian of Valenzuela City have each offered P200,000 for any information about the man who fired the bullet that felled the 7-year-old Nicole.
Stephanie Nicole was laid to rest at the Sanctuario de Paz in Norzagaray, Bulacan province on Saturday, almost two weeks after she was killed by a stray bullet during the New Year revelry.
Initial police reports said that the bullet came from a caliber .45-pistol that was fired about 50 meters from where the girl was standing.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:212
By : Fatima Cielo B. Cancel and William B. Depasupil Reporters
Soldiers who were involved in the shooting incident in Atimonan, Quezon hide their faces as they are escorted to the National Bureau of Investigation. PHOTO BY RENE DILAN Calabarzon police chief James Melad on Wednesday said t... Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:77
By : Catherine S. Valente Reporter
President Benigno Aquino 3rd AFP FILE PHOTO Despite making an assurance that the freedom of information (FOI) bill will be passed, President Benigno Aquino 3rd has shown no inclination to push for its immediate enactment. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:56
By : AFP
Syrians gather at the scene of an explosion outside Aleppo University, between the university dormitories and the architecture faculty. AFP PHOTO DAMASCUS: Twin blasts ripped through university buildings in Syria’s second city Al... Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:62
By : AFP
This photo received on Tuesday (Wednesday in Manila), courtesy of OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, shows Oprah Winfrey’s exclusive interview with Lance Armstrong. ‘Oprah and Lance Armstrong: The Worldwide Exclusive,’ has expanded to air as a two-n... Read more
Published : Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:547
By : RIGOBERTO TIGLAO COLUMNIST
Director Richard Albano of Quezon City police inspects firearms seized from robbers, who were also charged with violating the gun ban imposed by the Commission on Elections on Tuesday. PHOTO BY MIKE DE JUAN It’s certainly a... Read more