SEVERAL senior police officials are set to assume their new posts next week—a prelude to a wide-range revamp that is expected to take place following the recent change of command in the national police leadership.
Chief Supt. Generoso Cerbo Jr., spokesman of the Philippine National Police (PNP), disclosed that Director Ager Ontog will take over the post of the chief of directorial staff, which was previously occupied by newly installed National Police Chief Alan Purisima.
Taking over Ontog’s old post as director for Intelligence is Director Vidal Querol, commander of the Special Action Force.
Chief Supt. Carmelo Valmoria, Caraga police director was designated as the new special force commander.
Cerbo said that there is no information yet as to who will take over Valmoria’s former position.
A Camp Crame-based police official privy on the movement of personnel in the police force said that the reshuffle is a prelude to more changes in the coming weeks.
“There will be more movement, especially at the directorial staff and regional levels in the next weeks so you can expect some senior officers to jockey for positions,” the police official who asked not to be named said.
Last week, dir. Gen. Nicanor bartolome, former pnp chief, prematurely retired from service, paving the way for the appointment of deputy dir. Gen. Alan purisima to the top police post.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:117
By : NEIL A. ALCOBER REPORTER
THE legal counsel of martial law human rights victims has chided the Philippine government, claiming that the biggest stumbling block for the compensation of the victims is the opposition from it and not from the Marcoses. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:91
By : WILLIAM B. DEPASUPIL
INCOMING chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Lt. Gen. Emmanuel Bautista vowed on Wednesday to bring down the insurgency problem to a negligible level before the end of his tour of duty or before the Aquino administration vows... Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:87
By : JING VILLAMENTE
Employees of the Agrarian Undersecretary Felix Perry Villanueva, Finance Management Office (FMAO) officer-in-charge, stormed his office on Tuesday, to condemned the purported militarization of the department’s perimeter. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:83
By : JOHN CONSTANTINE G. CORDON
EVEN if she is only holding an ad interim position in the Commission on Elections (Comelec), poll member Ma. Graciela “Grace” Padaca still believes that impeachment must first be initiated before she faces her corruption charge. Read more
Published : Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:294
By : JING VILLAMENTE REPORTER
The prosecution’s bid to turn into a state witness the backhoe operator who supposedly dug the graves of the massacre victims was opposed by the defense team handling the 2009 Maguindanao Massacre case. Read more