The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) warned taxi drivers against snubbing passengers as 58 taxi drivers were reported to have been sanctioned pursuant to the board’s “Oplan Isnabero.”
Gia Reyes of the LTRB-Public Information Office cited that the penalty imposed against first-time offenders is a fine of P2,000; second-timers are slapped with a P3,000 fine and 30-day suspension of their license.
Third-time offenders, meanwhile, are fined P3,000 and face cancellation of their franchise.
Reyes reported that as of Friday last week, 58 taxi drivers were apprehended since the the launch of “Oplan Isnabero.”
The cited operation plan aims to dissuade taxi drivers from selecting and snubbing passengers.
Reyes said that most offenders were caught for the first and some were driving colorum taxis.
As a result of the operations, 17 colorum taxis and are now impounded in a LTRB compound in Taytay, Rizal.
LTFRB board member Al Parreno, meanwhile, said that the tally showed the effectiveness of the campaign against “choosy” drivers and operators who are unable to discipline their drivers.
”’Refusal to convey’ ranks very high among the complaints we receive against taxi operators. We need to ensure that we have drivers and operators who serve the public not just their own interests,” Parreno said in an interview.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:117
By : NEIL A. ALCOBER REPORTER
THE legal counsel of martial law human rights victims has chided the Philippine government, claiming that the biggest stumbling block for the compensation of the victims is the opposition from it and not from the Marcoses. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:91
By : WILLIAM B. DEPASUPIL
INCOMING chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Lt. Gen. Emmanuel Bautista vowed on Wednesday to bring down the insurgency problem to a negligible level before the end of his tour of duty or before the Aquino administration vows... Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:87
By : JING VILLAMENTE
Employees of the Agrarian Undersecretary Felix Perry Villanueva, Finance Management Office (FMAO) officer-in-charge, stormed his office on Tuesday, to condemned the purported militarization of the department’s perimeter. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:83
By : JOHN CONSTANTINE G. CORDON
EVEN if she is only holding an ad interim position in the Commission on Elections (Comelec), poll member Ma. Graciela “Grace” Padaca still believes that impeachment must first be initiated before she faces her corruption charge. Read more
Published : Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:294
By : JING VILLAMENTE REPORTER
The prosecution’s bid to turn into a state witness the backhoe operator who supposedly dug the graves of the massacre victims was opposed by the defense team handling the 2009 Maguindanao Massacre case. Read more