LEGAZPI CITY: A city police director and three other municipal police chiefs were ordered sacked in the Bicol region, one of them was ordered dismissed from the service by no less than by the Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Nicanor Bartolome.
The police report said that all the four sacked police chiefs were assigned in Albay province.
Bicol police director Chief Supt. Jose Arne de los Santos said that Tabaco City police chief Col. Nilo Berdin was ordered dismissed from the service by the PNP chief Nicanor Bartolome following the officer alleged involvement in the missing 5,500 pieces of M-16 ammunitions under his custodial watch when he was chief of the Autonomous Region Muslims of Mindanao Criminal Investigation and Detection Group.
The report said that the missing pieces of ammunitions were vital evidence in the Ampatuan massacre of 58 people three years ago. Berdin said that he filed a motion for reconsideration saying that he will exhaust all legal remedies to prove his innocence.
According to Berdin, he had filed criminal and administrative cases against his three personnel, a superintendent, a chief inspector and a police officer for their connivance in the missing ammunitions until he was reassigned in Bicol.
The other three sacked police chiefs are chief inspector Lorenzo Trajano of Daraga town, who was suspended for 30 days following an administrative complaint against him; chief inspector Robert Bellen of Oas town, who was relieved following series of complaints, and chief inspector Robert Capuz of Malinao town, who was perceived having so much closeness with the incumbent mayor tagged as a suspect in the murder last month of mayoral aspirant Engr. Nelson Morales, the city engineer of Makati and United Nationalist Alliance provincial coordinator.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:195
By : Thom F. Picaña Correspondent
BAGUIO CITY: Inmates of the Baguio City jail are grateful for “virtual visitations,” which rolled out during the holiday season, giving them a chance to talk to their loved ones through the Internet. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:181
By : Neil A. Alcober
SOME 42,372 undernourished kindergarten and grade 6 pupils will benefit from the Department of Education’s school-based feeding program as part of the agency’s efforts to help them do better in school. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:233
By : Thom F. Picaña
MANKAYAN, Benguet: Mining subsidiary Far Southeast Gold Resources of the African giant Goldfields Resources has declared the pull out of their drilling operations in Madaymen village. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:145
By : Rhaydz B. Barcia
LEGAZPI CITY: The unified move and strong support of Bicolanos over Ako Bicol regional political party ouster bore fruit after the Supreme Court granted a status quo ante order allowing the homegrown party-list to join the 2013 polls. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:134
By : Ritchie A. Horario
SEVERAL families were evacuates in Surigao del Norte province because of flash floods and landslides brought by the tail end of a cold front. Read more