AUTHORITIES on Monday said that they are looking into illegal drugs as the possible motive behind the killing of at least seven people in Rodri-guez, Rizal province just past Monday midnight.
Rodriguez police chief Supt. Don Bait said that at least four men barged into a house at Lot 124, Blk. 3, Phase-1 in Brgy. San Jose, at about 1 a.m., killing couple Webb and Alma Santos, and five visitors.
Bait said that two of the suspects shot the victims while the other two allegedly served as lookouts.
The police chief said that several drug paraphernalia were found at the crime scene. He also noted that the couple had been arrested before for drug-related charges.
Bait, however, said that the suspects spared the couple’s two daughters, aged 10 and 13, who were sleeping inside their room when the shooting occurred. Initial reports reaching the Philippine National Police operation center in Camp Crame identified the other fatalities as Darmo Rivera, 20; John Michael Gardose, 18; Roberto Talagtag, 20; Joshua Tuazon, 16 and Judy Ann Severo, 16.
The Rodriguez Municipal Police office said that the victims were having a drinking spree when the suspects arrived, the reports said.
The reports also said that the suspects, armed with handguns without any warning, shot at the victims, killing them instantly before fleeing.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:195
By : Thom F. Picaña Correspondent
BAGUIO CITY: Inmates of the Baguio City jail are grateful for “virtual visitations,” which rolled out during the holiday season, giving them a chance to talk to their loved ones through the Internet. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:181
By : Neil A. Alcober
SOME 42,372 undernourished kindergarten and grade 6 pupils will benefit from the Department of Education’s school-based feeding program as part of the agency’s efforts to help them do better in school. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:233
By : Thom F. Picaña
MANKAYAN, Benguet: Mining subsidiary Far Southeast Gold Resources of the African giant Goldfields Resources has declared the pull out of their drilling operations in Madaymen village. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:144
By : Rhaydz B. Barcia
LEGAZPI CITY: The unified move and strong support of Bicolanos over Ako Bicol regional political party ouster bore fruit after the Supreme Court granted a status quo ante order allowing the homegrown party-list to join the 2013 polls. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:134
By : Ritchie A. Horario
SEVERAL families were evacuates in Surigao del Norte province because of flash floods and landslides brought by the tail end of a cold front. Read more