checkmate

Central Luzon crime rate down by 41 percent

SAN FERNANDO CITY, Pampanga: The Philippine National Police-Police Regional Office 3

(PNP-PRO3) has recorded a 40.88-percent decrease in crime rate in Central Luzon from January to September this year compared to the same period last year.

“Total crimes in the first nine months of 2012 numbered 17,461 which is a significant drop from the reported 29,535 crimes in 2011,” Regional Operations and Plans Division Chief P/Supt. Eden Ugale said.

Ugale said that there were 9,304 index crimes and 8,157 non-index crimes for the nine-month period this year.

Index crimes include theft, physical injuries, robbery, carjacking, rape, murder and homicide.

Moreover, 7,667 or 43.91 percent of the recorded crimes were considered “cleared” or cases were filed in court but the suspects were not arrested; 5,307 or 30.39 percent were considered “solved” with the suspects arrested and brought to court.

Bulacan registered the highest number of crimes in Central Luzon during the period with 7,352 followed by Nueva Ecija province, 2,057; Pampanga province, 1,871; Angeles City, 1,446; Tarlac City, 1,354; Zambales province, 1,071; Bataan, 1,016; Olongapo City, 846; and Aurora province, 448.

Ugale attributed the improved and manageable crime situation in the region to the strict implementation of the different thrusts and programs of PNP-PRO3, such as the intensified police visibility in the streets and the concerted efforts against motorcycle riding in tandem robbers and carjackers through the conduct of massive simultaneous checkpoint operations which resulted in the arrest of 55 persons and recovery of 84 assorted vehicles.

PRO3’s “Wanted Ka, Huli Ka!” website, which elicit people participation, resulted in the arrest of 3,077 notorious individuals since its launch in 2011.

Regions

Baguio jail rolls out e-visits for inmates

Published : Thursday January 17, 2013   |  Category : Regions   |  Hits:194
By : Thom F. Picaña Correspondent

BAGUIO CITY: Inmates of the Baguio City jail are grateful for “virtual visitations,” which rolled out during the holiday season, giving them a chance to talk to their loved ones through the Internet. Read more

Food plan seeks out starving children

Published : Thursday January 17, 2013   |  Category : Regions   |  Hits:181
By : Neil A. Alcober

SOME 42,372 undernourished kindergarten and grade 6 pupils will benefit from the Department of Education’s school-based feeding program as part of the agency’s efforts to help them do better in school. Read more

Mining firm pulls out of Benguet village

Published : Thursday January 17, 2013   |  Category : Regions   |  Hits:232
By : Thom F. Picaña

MANKAYAN, Benguet: Mining subsidiary Far Southeast Gold Resources of the African giant Goldfields Resources has declared the pull out of their drilling operations in Madaymen village. Read more

Comelec allows AKO Bicol to join polls

Published : Thursday January 17, 2013   |  Category : Regions   |  Hits:144
By : Rhaydz B. Barcia

LEGAZPI CITY: The unified move and strong support of Bicolanos over Ako Bicol regional political party ouster bore fruit after the Supreme Court granted a status quo ante order allowing the homegrown party-list to join the 2013 polls. Read more

Tail-end of cold front evicts Surigao families

Published : Thursday January 17, 2013   |  Category : Regions   |  Hits:133
By : Ritchie A. Horario

SEVERAL families were evacuates in Surigao del Norte province because of flash floods and landslides brought by the tail end of a cold front. Read more

Hosting Powered and Design By: I-MAP WEBSOLUTIONS, INC