CRIMINAL Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) agents have arrested Tuesday morning Abra’s most wanted man tagged as suspect in the failed ambush of a town mayor last year, police reports said Wednesday.
Cordillera Region CIDG chief, Senior Supt, Bartolome Bustamante, in a report sent to Camp Crame, identified the arrested most wanted person in Abra as Jonete Jacinto, alias ‘Jojo”, 41 yrs old.
Bustamante said that joint CIDG operatives and local police arrested Jacinto based on a warrant of arrest for frustrated and multiple attempted murder at around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Brgy. Bangloloan, Bucay, Abra.
The CIDG official said that the warrant against Jacinto was issued by the court in connection with the foiled ambush attempt on Bangued Mayor Ryan Luna on April 11, 2010.
Bustamante said Jacinto has been listed as the number one most wanted person in the provincial and regional level for his alleged involvement in numerous homicide cases in Abra including that of the failed ambush of Luna.
The CIDG official added that Jacinto was identified by witnesses as among the six suspects who attacked the group of Mayor Luna while they were on their way to a campaign sortie.
Bustamante added that aside from Jacinto, they are also hot on the trail of other suspects in the foiled ambush identified as brothers Francisco, Paul and Pepe Bodonia; Harold Quemerista and Bobot Gonzales.
Meanwhile, CIDG chief, Director Samuel Pagdilao Jr., said that Jacinto’s arrest is part of the PNP’s ongoing campaign against partisan armed groups (PAGs) involve in election-related violence.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:193
By : Thom F. Picaña Correspondent
BAGUIO CITY: Inmates of the Baguio City jail are grateful for “virtual visitations,” which rolled out during the holiday season, giving them a chance to talk to their loved ones through the Internet. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:180
By : Neil A. Alcober
SOME 42,372 undernourished kindergarten and grade 6 pupils will benefit from the Department of Education’s school-based feeding program as part of the agency’s efforts to help them do better in school. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:231
By : Thom F. Picaña
MANKAYAN, Benguet: Mining subsidiary Far Southeast Gold Resources of the African giant Goldfields Resources has declared the pull out of their drilling operations in Madaymen village. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:143
By : Rhaydz B. Barcia
LEGAZPI CITY: The unified move and strong support of Bicolanos over Ako Bicol regional political party ouster bore fruit after the Supreme Court granted a status quo ante order allowing the homegrown party-list to join the 2013 polls. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:132
By : Ritchie A. Horario
SEVERAL families were evacuates in Surigao del Norte province because of flash floods and landslides brought by the tail end of a cold front. Read more