Police to set up more checkpoints in Metro Manila
TO ensure peace and order during the run-up to the May 2013 elections, the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) put up more checkpoints in the metropolis.
Director Leonardo Espina, NCRPO chief, on Friday said that the checkpoints were to be established by Saturday.
Espina said that the police would work closely with the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Commission on Elections in the conduct of checkpoint operations.
He likewise reminded his men to follow the standard operating procedures for checkpoints.
The NCRPO chief also asked the public to report to him any violation of standard operating procedures and other abuses by his men.
Espina issued the reminder in the wake of last week’s encounter in Atimonan, Quezon, where 13 men aboard two sport-utility vehicles, or SUVs were gunned down during a checkpoint operation.
