TEHRAN: Iran said Monday it was disappointed at Kuwait’s decision to reduce the number of Iranian diplomats in the country, but said its ambassador would remain. Kuwait announced last week that 15 Iranian diplomats would have to leave within six weeks in response to the conviction of a “terror” cell with alleged links to the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. “We did not expect this from Kuwait,” foreign ministry spokesman Bahram Ghasemi said, according to the IRNA news agency. “We have always maintained positive relations with Kuwait in the Persian Gulf region. The action by the country was not nice… but we can still continue conversations and contacts,” he added. The Israeli strike came hours after a “projectile fired from the Gaza Strip” hit an open area inside Israel without causing any injuries, the army said.