ILAGAN CITY: The provincial government of Isabela has officially declared a day for the launching of an all-out war against the dreaded dengue disease whose victims continue to rise in the province.
Gov. Faustino Dy 3rd has come out with Executive Order 13 declaring August 12 a non-working holiday to combat the rising number of patients afflicted with the disease.
Day said the scheduled anti-dengue launching came in the wake of the alarm-ing number of dengue cases here.
The provincial health office (PHO) has confirmed an alarming increase by 400 percent based on last year’s dengue incidence.
PHO records disclosed a total of 1,626 dengue patients in the province from January to July 14 this year. There were 400 persons afflicted with the virus during the same period last year.
”That day we will launch Todas-Dengue, Todo na ‘to,” said Dy adding this is so far the most aggressive and comprehensive effort against the mosquito-borne illness in the province.
The chief executive said the program consists of three major components—intensified information dissemination, clean up operations and blood-letting activities.