Japan has openings for 200 Filipino nurses, caregivers



Japan needs about 200 Filipino health workers, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) said on Saturday.

Under the Philippines-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (PJEPA), Tokyo needs 51 nurses and 146 caregivers.  Interested applicants can apply until July 31 as required by the Japan International Corporation Welfare Services (JICWELS).

The POEA said applicants must register online and personally submit the required documents.

Five batches of nurses and caregivers have gone through training in the country and Japan for employment under the PJEPA.

POEA said that nurse applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, licensed and with at least three years hospital experience, preferably 20 to 35 years old and physically and psychologically fit.

Interested caregivers should be a graduate of any four-year course and certified caregiver by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA); a a graduate of Nursing or any allied profession; preferably 20 to 35 years old; and must be physically and psychologically fit.

Nurse applicants must submit valid PRC IDs and employment certificates, while caregivers must present valid TESDA Certificate on Caregiving.

Other requirements are a detailed resume with one 2×2 picture; college diploma (for caregiver diploma, diploma should be authenticated); transcript of records; valid NBI clearance (for travel abroad); and copy of valid passport.

Online registration can be completed at www.eregister.poea.gov.ph and documents must be submitted to the Manpower Registry Division, Ground Floor, Windows S and T, POEA Building, EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City.




Please follow our commenting guidelines.


  1. hi..i have a certificate in TESDA as a caregiver.
    can i apply to japan even if im a high school graduate only?
    wat are the requirements or ways so that i can apply to japan as a caregiver?

  2. hi! im registered nurse and have a valid tesda certificate. can i apply for caregiver in japan via poea? thanks!