Kerwin Espinosa’s trusted man surrenders

0

One of the trusted men and reported bagman of alleged Eastern Visayas drug lord Kerwin Espinosa voluntarily surrendered to authorities and turned over three kilos of shabu on Friday.

Chief Insp. Jovie Espenido, Albuera (Leyte) police chief, said Max Mero came to his office, together with his live-in partner, at about 10 a.m..

Mero also surrendered his 9mm pistol and told Espenido about the three kilos of shabu hidden in his residence.

Espenido said Mero decided to surrender because he is already tired of hiding, transferring to different areas of Mindanao and Cebu after the Philippine National Police (PNP) conducted operations against known lairs of Kerwin.

According to the police chief, they expect to get more information from Mero, especially that he was the one allegedly giving payola (bribe money) to protectors of his boss, Kerwin, in their illegal drugs operations in
Eastern Visayas and Cebu.

Espenido said Mero has always been communicating with Kerwin.

The younger Espinosa is currently the subject of an intensified manhunt by authorities after he was tagged by his own father Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa, as the alleged supplier of drugs in Eastern Visayas.

In August, Jesus Tulin Jr., alias Loloy, another Espinosa man, turned over his caliber 45 Colt pistol as he yielded to the police.

Earlier this September, another Kerwin lieutenant, identified only alias “Tony Pit,” also surrendered.

The older Espinosa earlier surrendered to the PNP chief, Director General Ronald dela Rosa, last August after President Rodrigo Duterte issued a “shoot on sight order” against him and his son.

Share.
loading...

Leave A Reply