With Christmas vacation now upon us, get your children involved in holiday food preps with this easy-to-make dessert from The Manila Times and Calcheese wafers.
3-5 packs of 53.5g cheese wafers
200 grams of cream cheese (softened)
170 grams of white chocolate chips
Sprinkles for toppings (optional)
1. Begin by crushing wafers using a food processor until finely crumbed. In the absence of a food processor, put the wafers in a zip-lock plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush it. Set aside at least half a cup of the crushed wafers for toppings.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and crushed wafers. Mix with a spatula or spoon until completely mixed.
3. Form palm size balls from the mixture. Set aside the formed balls in a small baking tray then place in a freezer for at least 1 hour.
4. Using a double boiler pan, melt the white chocolates. To do this, pour water in the bottom pan at least 1 1/2 inch below the upper pan. Place the double boiler over low heat. Stir the chocolate constantly until it is melted.
5. Set aside melted white chocolates and let it cool down for at least 10 to 20 minutes.
6. Once cooled, start dipping the truffle balls mixture in to the melted white chocolate using a fork. After the balls are coated, roll it in a plate with the set aside waffle crumbs for added decoration. Add more colors using sprinkles.
7. Finally, freeze for at least two hours before packaging in truffle cases or cellophane.
Voila! Your holidays are now made very special with these Calcheese truffles and we’re sure that your friends and family will enjoy these too! For moms out there, you can have your little ones help you prepare these!